How great it would be to rise and shine daily- without any stress, full of mental clarity and peace of mind!
Well, with just five minutes dedicated to Ayurveda and with minimum effort- it is simply possible. All we need to do is inculcate Nasya therapy in our lifestyle.
What is Nasya?
Instilling the medicine (herbs or medicinal oil) via nasal passage is known as Nasya in Ayurveda. According to the season, individual’s prakruti, disorders there are many kinds of Nasya.
In this article, we will summarize everything about the simplest form of nasya that can be adopted as a part of our lifestyle and done simply at home.
Organs and systems on which it has a positive impact
Eyes, Ears, Nose, Brain, Nerves, circulatory system above neck region
Neither too cold nor too hot climate, Low humidity, Clear sky
Bedtime or Morning (empty stomach)
At least twice/week or Daily
Oils/medicines to beneficial for Nasya
Shadbindu tailam(Classical Ayurveda oil), Anu tailam (Classical Ayurveda oil), Coconut oil, Cow’s ghee (Clarified butter), Sesame oil, Mustard oil, Almond oil
- Lie on a bed with the head hanging over the end and apply two drops of warm chosen oil/ghee into each nostril.
- Pinch both nostrils, start to inhale and immediately remove fingers to allow for a deep inhalation – repeat several times to allow substance to penetrate sinus cavities.
- Massage the forehead, above and below the eyebrows, on the sides of the nose and under the cheekbones.
- Cough up and spit out any mucus that forms in the throat – blow your nose if necessary and do not suppress sneezing (have your tissues handy).
- Finish by gargling with salt water and then keep head warm and dry for rest of the day.
- Prevents greying of hair
- Prevents Ageing
- Controls hair loss and hair fall
- Prevents stiffness of neck and jaws
- Prevents Migraine and headaches
- Checks facial paralysis
- Helps in control of Parkinson’s’ disease
- Eliminates Stress
- Aids in better, sound sleep
- Strengthens the neck and head region
- Brings a glow on face
- Creates clarity of mind
- Voice becomes smooth and clear
- Cleanses the sense organs
- Clearing out the debris of nasal passages
- Children below 8 years
- Pregnant women
- Menstruating women
- Immediately before or after shower
- After meals
- Acute fever, diarrhoea, hypertension
- After alcohol consumption
Is it late to make this wonderful therapy a part of our lives? It is never too late. So just try it for 21 days and see its benefits for yourself.